Archive for category Maintain Health
The ability to maintain your heart health is directly related to the overall well-being of mind, soul, and body. Here are some practical ways in which this can be achieved.
1. Reduce the intake of fat- Although a certain amount of fat is required as part of a well balanced diet, it is healthy to reduce one’s intake of fat, and be considerate of the type of fat that is consumed. Saturated fat in particular, affects blood cholesterol level and is found in dairy products such as cakes, cookies and pastries. It would be wise to switch to food that contains monosaturated fat such fruits and nuts. Polyunsaturated fat in regulated amounts help to moderate cholesterol, as such salmon, sunflower oil and soya oil will help to maintain a healthy heart.
2. Consume less salt- The consumption of salt in high levels is linked to high blood pressure. The recommended daily intake is approximately 6 grams a day.
3. Exercise regularly- Making time to exercise regularly enhances heart function and lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. It is prudent to introduce 30 minutes of moderate exercise into one’s daily routine.
4. Be on a weight watch- Not only does this lead to obesity, but it also adds additional stress and strain on the heart. Furthermore, this leaves you feeling drained and lethargic which negatively impacts self image and confidence. Measures that can be taken to achieve this include taking in more fruit, vegetables, unrefined carbohydrates such as cereal and pasta, and soluble fiber that is found in food such as oats and beans.
5. Stop smoking- Taking active steps to quit smoking is one of the most important measures one could take towards maintaining a healthy heart. This dramatically reduces the likelihood of having heart and respiratory diseases, emphysema, and cancer. Furthermore, those who have already suffered a heart attack can reduce the chances of a second occurrence by quitting smoking.
6. Couple a lifestyle change with dieting- It is integral that the measures captioned in this article be woven into one’s lifestyle and not be looked at as burdensome, or distasteful “must do”. Such a change in lifestyle increases self confidence, moral, energy levels leaving the individual concerned more confident and content. Read the rest of this entry »
Most refined food have very little nutritional value. Much of our knowledge for food comes from advertising. Many companies would prefer us to eat certain foods. Most refined foods have very little nutritional value. Many people settle with poor nutrition because of convenience. The foods you consume should have as few chemicals as possible. The food you eat can make the difference in whether you are feeling good or continually sick. Making a lifestyle change can be rewarding in that you have a long, active life.
Candida overgrowth in the intestines is an overgrowth of a yeast or fungus. It is a yeast that lives in the human digestive system. It can change from yeast to a fungus. This organism is extremely resilient and difficult to rid from the body. It can take time to re-establish good health. Candida is an epidemic causing sickness, disease and weakens the immune system. Candida overgrowth thrives on sugar and carbohydrates. Eliminating sugars and refined food is essential if you have candida overgrowth.
Foods to Avoid
1. White sugar, white flour, white rice, white-rice flour, degerminated corn meal, gluten flour, ice cream, soft drinks, cakes, cookies, jello, and candy.
2. Preserved, process, or chemically fed meat, fish, or fowl.
3. Strong stimulants and irritants to the system, such as coffee, tobacco, alcohol, strong spices, and drugs of any kind.
4. Pasteurized or homogenized milk, and milk products such as strong cheeses, smoked cheeses, and yogurt that contains chemical or preservatives.
5. Hydrogenated oils and fats, solid cooking fats, animal oils and fats, refined margarine’s and oils, vegetable fats and shortenings.
6. Waxed, preserved, canned, or pickled vegetables.
7. Iodized table salt.
8. Chocolate and cocoa.
Kathy Kafka is the owner of Complete Natural Blends, a company that offers natural products for natural health. We are committed to providing the highest quality products, and educating those wanting to learn. Read the rest of this entry »